A Hackensack man is facing drug charges during a recent raid of his home. The police allegedly found over three-hundred oxycodone pills, twenty bags of cocaine, as well as marijuana. There was also $15,40 seized from his home. Allegedly, he was dealing the drugs out of his home. His home is supposedly near a preschool. He is currently facing several charges, including Prescription Drug Distribution, Possession/Distribution Within 500 feet of Certain Public Property, Controlled Dangerous Substance Distribution of Cocaine less than 5 ounces, Possession of Marijuana less than 50 grams, and Controlled Dangerous Substance Distribution On or Near School Property.
Hackensack Drugs Lawyer
The defendant above faces more than a couple second degree charges. One of the most serious charges is the Prescription Drug Distribution, codified as 2C:35-10.5A(4). This charge carries up to ten years in a New Jersey state prison. In addition to that, it also carries up to a $150,000 fine. Lastly, a second degree drugs charge carries a presumption of incarceration. This means if the defendant pleads guilty or is convicted after trial of the second degree drug distribution charge, then it is presumed that the judge will sentence the defendant to jail/prison time.
Bergen County Criminal Defense Law Firm
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, our office has the following credentials, knowledge, experience, and man-power to help you or your loved one:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former assistant county prosecutors
- One (1) of them during their tenure as a assistant county prosecutor was the head of the Drug, Gang, and Gun task Force
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call at 201-201-0086.