Money laundering charges were issued to three individuals. The money laundering charges stem from loans that they allegedly obtained fraudulently via the Small Business Administration. These loans were meant to help small businesses as Covid-19 and the pandemic hit the state. The three allegedly obtained $10,000 in loans for companies that did not exist. One defendant is being charged with Money Laundering, Tampering with Records, Forgery, Theft by Deception, Criminal Attempt, and Conspiracy. The other two defendants are charged with Conspiracy and Money Laundering.
Hackensack Money Laundering Lawyers
Money Laundering is a serious charge. It is codified here in New Jersey as N.J.S.A. 2C:21-25B. The defendant above is facing a third degree Money Laundering charge. A third degree carries up to five years in a New Jersey state prison. It can also carry a fine of up to $15,000 and possible restitution. The defendant also faces Forgery, Theft by Deception, Criminal Attempt, and Conspiracy charges that are all third degree crimes. Tampering with records is a fourth degree crime. Even though it is not as serious as a third degree, a conviction of a fourth degree crime carries up to eighteen months in prison, as well as up to a $10,000 fine.
Bergen County Forgery Attorneys
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, our office has the following credentials, knowledge, experience, and man-power to help you or your loved one:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former county prosecutors who’ve all tried high-profiled murders before a jury during their tenure as prosecutors
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call at 201-201-0086.