A father and son were arrested recently for mortgage fraud. Both hail from Hackensack, New Jersey. The Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office Financial Crimes Unit received information regarding the alleged mortgage fraud back in February of this year. The Financial Crimes Unit, in conjunction with the Maywood Police Department, allegedly discovered that the duo had obtained personal information of the alleged victim, then applied for and received a mortgage loan over $400,000 all without the alleged victim’s consent. The father and son are being charged with theft by deception, money laundering, wrongful impersonation, forgery and defrauding secured creditors.
Hackensack Theft by Deception Lawyers
If you or a loved one is facing a theft by deception charge in Hackensack, New Jersey, then you or they might be facing a very serious charge. The defendants above are likely facing a second degree crime (indictable) due to the amount that was allegedly stolen. When over $75,000 is stolen then it becomes a second degree crime. A second degree crime carries a maximum of ten years in a New Jersey state prison.
Theft Attorneys in Fort Lee, NJ
If you or a loved one has been charged with theft by deception, money laundering, and/or forgery, then you or your loved one is going to need a good defense. Do your research before hiring just any criminal defense firm. Some topics that should be discussed are; how many cases such as these have they handled? How many jury trials have they tried? These are all very important questions before hiring a criminal defense attorney in Bergen County. At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, we have the experience, knowledge, credentials and man-power to fight you or a your loved one’s criminal case. Specifically, our criminal defense law firm has:
- Over two-hundred (200) years of combined experience
- A team of eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys that devote their entire practice to criminal law
- Our firm has eight (8) former prosecutors
- four (4) of our attorneys were former assistant county prosecutors and held directorial positions of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task Force, Major Crimes Division, Trial Division, and Juvenile Division
- We have multiple attorneys selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) of our lawyers were recently selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2021 list for New Jersey which is a highly credentialed, peer-influenced, third-party validated, and a patented process that selects only 2.5% of the attorneys in New Jersey to this list
- One (1) of our attorneys is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney, a distinction held by less than 1% of attorneys in this State
Please give our office a call today at 201-201-0086.