A Somerville teacher pled guilty to aggravated criminal sexual contact. He also had to surrender his teaching license. The teacher was a gym teacher at Van DeVere school. The victim was an adult at the time. However, the victim awoke to the teacher sexually assaulting her. It was thereafter reported to the police. The incident took place back in August of 2019. The teacher was originally charged with second degree sexual assault.
Hackensack Aggravated Criminal Sexual Contact Lawyer
Aggravated criminal sexual contact is a serious charge. It is codified under New Jersey law as N.J.S.A. 2C:14-3. It is a third (3rd) degree charge. This means that if a defendant pleads guilty to this charge then they can face a maximum of five years in a New Jersey state prison. In addition to this, a defendant may be required to register under Megan’s Law, as well as Parole Supervision for Life. Lastly, the court can impose up to a $15,000.00 fine and other court costs and fees.
Fort Lee Criminal Defense Attorney
Our firm, the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, has the experience and knowledge to defend your or your loved one against this charge since we have:
- Over two-hundred (200) years of combined experience
- A team of eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys that devote their entire practice to criminal law
- Our firm has eight (8) former prosecutors
- Four (4) of our attorneys were former county prosecutors and held directorial positions of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task Force, Major Crimes Division, Trial Division, Juvenile Division
- One (1) of our attorneys is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney, a distinction held by less than 1% of attorneys in this State
- One (1) of our lawyers was recently selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2020 list for New Jersey which is a highly credentialed, peer-influenced, third-party validated, and a patented process that only 2.5% of the attorneys in New Jersey are selected to this list
- Selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and Top 40 Under 40
To ensure that your rights will be protected to the fullest extent allowed by law, it is important that you engage an experienced New Jersey criminal defense attorney as soon as possible after being arrested for a sex crime. Set up a free initial legal consultation with the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall at any of our three (3) of our locations in Bergen County (Paramus, Hackensack, and Fort Lee) today to get started on a strong legal defense. Feel free to call us at 201-429-9783, we’re available 24/7.