South Hackensack Man arrested for assaulting child
A thirty-seven year old South Hackensack man was recently arrested for assaulting a child under the age of thirteen. The man was arrested on Friday, September 11, 2020. A tip came in that the South Hackensack man assaulted the child. An investigation was opened by the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office and the South Hackensack Police Department. The man was charged with one count of fourth (4th) degree child abuse. The South Hackensack man is currently in custody at the Bergen County Jail located in Hackensack, New Jersey. He awaits his first appearance at Central Judicial Processing, also located in Hackensack, New Jersey.
Child Abuse Charge in Bergen County
The South Hackensack man will likely face a Title 9 charge, specially Title 9:6-3, ‘Cruelty and neglect of children; crime of fourth degree’. The law states in part that:
- Any parent, guardian, or person having the care, custody or control of any child, who shall abuse, abandon, be cruel to or neglectful of such child, or any person who shall abuse, be cruel to or neglectful of any child shall be deemed to be guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.
A fourth degree (4th) indictable (felony) is a serious charge. This South Hackensack man could face up to eighteen (18) months in state prison and up to a $10,000 fine and other court costs.
South Hackensack Criminal Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been charged in South Hackensack, Hackensack, Fort Lee, or any town in Bergen County, please feel free to contact our office. At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, we have ten (10) criminal defense attorneys, and our credentials include the following:
- Seven (7) were former prosecutors
- Three (3) of which were former assistant county prosecutors
- One was the head of the Major Crimes Division,
- Another was the head of the Trial Team, and
- The last one was the director of the Gun, Gang and Drug Task Force
- Three (3) were former municipal court prosecutors
- One Certified Criminal Trial Attorney
- Certification comes from the Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Less than 1 percent of attorneys in this state hold that distinction
- Selected to the National Trial Attorneys Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorney and Top 40 Under 40
- Multiple attorneys with superb Avvo ratings
- Selected to Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers Rising Stars list here in New Jersey for this year
- Only 2.5 percent of attorneys in this state are selected to this list