A sexual assault lawyer is needed if you or a loved one are facing sexual assault charges. A sexual assault can range from aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, aggravated criminal sexual contact, criminal sexual contact, and even endangering the welfare of a child. A Rutherford man is wanted for an apparent sexual assault on a woman who was pushing her baby in a stroller. Allegedly, the man grabbed the woman in the groin area before fleeing off. Prior to this act, supposedly the suspect asked if she was single and one other question before she cut him off and told him she wasn’t into anything. After allegedly assaulting her he fled on foot to a pick up truck and left the area.
Rutherford Sexual Assault Lawyer
Most likely the suspect above, if apprehended, will be facing a criminal sexual contact charge. Criminal sexual contact is codified under New Jersey law as 2C:14-3(b). A criminal sexual contact is a crime of the fourth degree. This means this charge is a felony. If convicted of this crime, a defendant can face up to eighteen (18) months in a New Jersey state prison, as well as up to a $10,000.00 fine. In addition to this, a defendant may be required to register for Megan’s Law as well as Parole Supervision for Life.
Hackensack Criminal Sexual Contact Attorney
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, we have:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former county prosecutors who’ve tried high-profiled murders trials before a jury during their tenure as prosecutors
- Many held directorial positions during their tenures as former assistant county prosecutors
- One (1) was the head of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task force
- One (1) was the head of the Major Crimes Division
- One (1) was the head of the Trial team
- One (1) attorney tried thirty murder cases to verdict, and won every single on of them
- Three (3) former municipal prosecutors
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call if you or a loved one has been charged with a crime at 201-201-0086.