A Paramus homeowner stopped an attempted rape back in September, 2020. The homeowner came across the scene and allegedly saw a woman pushed to the ground and groped. The Paramus man allegedly intervened. At that time, the defendant supposedly pointed a knife and then proceeded to flee. Later on the police apprehended the defendant. But before arresting him, the defendant allegedly pulled a knife and pointed it at the officers as well. The defendant faces criminal attempt, aggravated assault on police officer, possession of a weapon for unlawful purpose, unlawful possession of a weapon, and criminal sexual contact.
Hackensack Attempted Rape Lawyers
This charge, which is codified under NJ law as 2C:5-1, is a serious charge. It is a second (2nd) degree felony (indictable). This means that a defendant facing that is found guilty of this charge can face up to ten (10) years in a New Jersey state prison. In addition, a maximum fine can be imposed of $150,000.00. There is also a presumption of incarceration. This means that if the defendant is found guilty (or pleads guilty) then it is presumed that the defendant will be sentenced to prison time.
Fort Lee Unlawful Possession of a Weapon Lawyer
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, our team of Bergen County Criminal Defense Lawyers can help you or your loved one with the charge above. Our law firm has:
- Over two-hundred (200) years of combined experience
- A team of eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys that devote their entire practice to criminal law
- Our firm has eight (8) former prosecutors
- four (4) of our attorneys were former assistant county prosecutors and held directorial positions of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task Force, Major Crimes Division, Trial Division, Juvenile Division
- Three (3) of our attorneys were former municipal prosecutors in over twenty-five (25) towns
- Two (2) of our lawyers were recently selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2021 list for New Jersey which is a highly credentialed, peer-influenced, third-party validated, and a patented process that selects only 2.5% of the attorneys in New Jersey to this list
- One (1) of our attorneys is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney, a distinction held by less than 1% of attorneys in this State
- Selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and Top 40 Under 40
This charge is a serious charge, and you or your loved one need serious attorneys to handle these allegations. We have three (3) offices located throughout Bergen County. We have offices in Paramus, Hackensack, as well as Fort Lee. Call one of our offices for a free consultation at 201-429-9783, we’re available 24/7.