Bergen County Speeding Ticket Lawyers
A Speeding ticket (N.J.S.A. 39:4-98 & 39:4-99) is likely the most common traffic offense in New Jersey. The Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall has been representing individuals charged with speeding tickets throughout New Jersey for the past 15 years. These municipalities include but are not limited to; Paramus, Fort Lee, Hackensack, Mahwah, Ramsey, Lodi, River Vale, Palisades Interstate Park and Garfield. If your or someone you know has been charged with reckless driving in New Jersey it is imperative that you speak to a qualified traffic attorney about your options. Listed below is some of the pertinent information with regards to a violation of N.J.S.A. 39:4-98 & 39:4-99.
Speeding: N.J.S.A. 39:4-98 & 39:4-99
N.J.S.A. 39:4-99 states, in part, “It shall be prima facie unlawful for a person to exceed any of the foregoing speed limitations or any speed limitation in effect as established by authority of section 39:4-98 of this Title.” Below are the points that can be assessed if found guilty when exceeding the speed limit:
- Exceeding the speed limit by 1-14MPH is 2 Points
- Exceeding the speed limit by 15-29MPH is 4 Points
- Exceeding the speed limit by 30MPH is 5 Points
- In some jurisdictions, if your speed was 100MPH or greater, a license suspension may be issued by the Court (usually for 30 days).
Keep in mind, that at any time you accumulate twelve (12) or more points your license will be suspended. Also, if you didn’t accumulate twelve (12) or more points but did accumulate twelve (12) or more points during a two (2) year period, then your license will be suspended. Lastly, if you receive six (6) or more points within three (3) years, you’ll be subjected to surcharge fees. The surcharge fee begins at $150, and an additional $25 is added to every point that you or your loved one accumulates.
Experienced Bergen County Traffic Attorneys
Why choose us?
- We are a committed team of 10 criminal defense attorneys
- Over two-hundred (200) years of combined criminal law experience
- More than half of our attorneys were former prosecutors, the majority serving as either Assistant County Prosecutors (Superior Court), or Municipal Prosecutors (Municipal Court).
- Three (3) of our attorneys were former Municipal Prosecutors in over twenty-five (25) towns.
- Selected by Super Lawyers to their 2020 New Jersey Rising Stars list, an exclusive list recognizing no more than 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey.
- Selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 as well as the Top 40 Under 40.
Please feel free to contact our Bergen County office at 530 Main Street, Suite 205, Fort Lee, NJ for a free initial consultation 201-429-9783, we are open 24/7.