A Jersey City man was sentenced to thirty (30) years to a New Jersey state prison. The man plead guilty last year to murder and rape charges. The victim was found in a pond in Jersey City. When Sheriffs officers arrived on seen, the woman appeared to have been strangled and drowned to death. The defendant, who is currently thirty-five, attacked the victim while she was jogging through the park. The defendant was originally charged with homicide, aggravated sexual assault, and kidnapping.
Hackensack Murder & Rape Lawyers
Murder & rape charges are very serious here in New Jersey. If convicted of murder, a defendant can possibly face the rest of his/her life behind bars. Depending on the facts of the case, a defendant can also face the rest of their life behind bars for a rape charge. Both murder and rape are typically charged as first degree crimes. This means they also carry a fine of up to $200,000.00. This is why it is important to research, call, and discuss your case with an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
Fort Lee Criminal Defense Attorney
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, we have the following credentials and experience:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former county prosecutors who’ve tried high-profiled murders trials before a jury during their tenure as prosecutors
- Many held directorial positions during their tenures as former assistant county prosecutors
- One (1) was the head of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task force
- One (1) was the head of the Major Crimes Division
- One (1) was the head of the Trial team
- One (1) attorney tried thirty murder cases to verdict, and won every single on of them
- Three (3) former municipal prosecutors
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call if you or a loved one has been charged with a crime at 201-201-0086.