A murder in Maywood recently took place. Allegedly, the police received a 911 call a little after 6PM. The report was that o a stabbing at a nearby shopping center. When the police arrived they found a trail of blood on the exterior of shopping center leading to a pool of blood around the alleged victim. The alleged victim was found in the parking lot with multiple stab wounds. The alleged victim and the defendant were supposedly arguing over $80.
Hackensack Murder Charge Lawyer
A murder charge is a very serous charge. It is a first degree charge. The charge carries a maximum of life in prison, and a minimum of thirty (30) years in prison. In addition to that, it carries a fine of up to $200,000.00. Typically, a first degree crime carries at most twenty (20) years in a New Jersey state prison. However, there are two charges that have a maximum of life imprisonment. That is murder, and an aggravated sexual assault charge.
Fort Lee Criminal Defense Attorney
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, our team of Bergen County Criminal Defense Lawyers can help you or your loved one with the charge above. Our law firm has:
- Over two-hundred (200) years of combined experience
- A team of eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys that devote their entire practice to criminal law
- Our firm has eight (8) former prosecutors
- Four (4) of our attorneys were former assistant county prosecutors and held directorial positions of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task Force, Major Crimes Division, Trial Division, Juvenile Division
- Three (3) of our attorneys were former municipal prosecutors in over twenty-five (25) towns
- Two (2) of our lawyers were recently selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2021 list for New Jersey which is a highly credentialed, peer-influenced, third-party validated, and a patented process that selects only 2.5% of the attorneys in New Jersey to this list
- One (1) of our attorneys is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney, a distinction held by less than 1% of attorneys in this State
- Selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and Top 40 Under 40
This charge is a serious charge, and you or your loved one need serious attorneys to handle these allegations. We have three (3) offices located throughout Bergen County. We have offices in Paramus, Hackensack, as well as Fort Lee. Call one of our offices for a free consultation at 201-429-9783, we’re available 24/7.