Homicide charges were brought against four men recently. The Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office announced that they would be seeking homicide charges for four men in the alleged killing of Jose Castro. Back in December, 2020, supposedly the four men lured Castro out of his home to kill him. All four men are being held at the Cumberland County Jail. The investigation was conducted by the New Jersey State Police as well as the Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office.
Hackensack Homicide Charges Lawyer
A homicide charge is codified under NJ law as 2C: 11-3, and it is the most serious offense a defendant can face here in New Jersey. It carries a minimum of thirty (30) years in state prison. In addition, if sentenced to thirty years, then there is no parole, which means a defendant will have to serve every day of their sentence. If sentenced to more than thirty years, then the defendant will have to serve a minimum of thirty years before they are eligible for parole. A defendant can also be sentenced to a maximum of life in prison as well as a fine of up to $200,000.00. In addition to this, depending on the facts of the case, a defendant can be charged with possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, unlawful possession of a weapon, and other related charges.
Fort Lee Criminal Lawyers
At the Law Offices o Jonathan F. Marshall, we have:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former county prosecutors who’ve tried high-profiled murders trials before a jury during their tenure as prosecutors
- Many held directorial positions during their tenures as former assistant county prosecutors
- One (1) was the head of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task force
- One (1) was the head of the Major Crimes Division
- One (1) was the head of the Trial team
- One (1) attorney tried thirty murder cases to verdict, and won every single on of them
- Three (3) former municipal prosecutors
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call if you or a loved one has been charged with a crime at 201-201-0086.