Our homicide charge lawyers are here and ready to represent you or a loved one charged with a murder. A Hudson County Corrections Officer was recently arrested for two homicide charges. It is alleged that one of the victims was in a romantic relationship with the defendant. The alleged victims supposedly had just gotten back from a vacation before being gun downed. One of them was found in the car, the other a short distance from the car. The defendant was thereafter arrested, and allegedly confessed to both murders. In addition to facing homicide charges, he is also facing possession of a weapon for unlawful purpose.
Hackensack Homicide Charge Lawyers
A homicide charge, commonly referred as murder, is codified under the statute as 2C:11-3A. A homicide charge carries with a potential for life imprisonment. In addition to this, it can also carry a hefty fine of up to $200,000.00. Moreover, the other charge of possession of a weapon for unlawful purpose is a second degree crime. This carries a maximum of ten (10) years in a New Jersey state prison. It further carries a fine of up to $150,000.00. Lastly, both charges carry a presumption of incarceration. This means that if a defendant pleads guilty or is found guilty, it is presumed at sentencing they will be sentenced to prison time.
Fort Lee Possession of a Weapon for Unlawful Purpose Attorneys
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, our team of Bergen County Criminal Defense Lawyers can help you or your loved one with the charge above. Our law firm has:
- Over two-hundred (200) years of combined experience
- A team of eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys that devote their entire practice to criminal law
- Our firm has eight (8) former prosecutors
- Four (4) of our attorneys were former assistant county prosecutors and held directorial positions of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task Force, Major Crimes Division, Trial Division, Juvenile Division
- Three (3) of our attorneys were former municipal prosecutors in over twenty-five (25) towns
- Two (2) of our lawyers were recently selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2021 list for New Jersey which is a highly credentialed, peer-influenced, third-party validated, and a patented process that selects only 2.5% of the attorneys in New Jersey to this list
- One (1) of our attorneys is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney, a distinction held by less than 1% of attorneys in this State
- Selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and Top 40 Under 40
This charge is a serious charge, and you or your loved one need serious attorneys to handle these allegations. We have three (3) offices located throughout Bergen County. We have offices in Paramus, Hackensack, as well as Fort Lee. Call one of our offices for a free consultation at 201-429-9783, we’re available 24/7.