A hit & run lawyer is needed if you or a loved are facing this type of offense. Recently, a Ridgewood man hit a utility pole and thereafter left the scene. Glen Rock police were tipped off by witnesses that said they saw the man’s 2010 Dodge Charger hit a pole in a shopping center. The defendant then backed up and drove away. Supposedly the defendant was swerving to avoid hitting a fox. The car, after smashing it into a pole, was badly damaged to the point that one tire was flat and had sparks coming out of it. The defendant was charged with leaving the scene of an accident (hit & run), and failure to report an accident.
Glen Rock Hit & Run Lawyers
A hit & run offense is a serious offense. If a defendant is convicted for a first offense hit & run, they can lose their license for up to 180 days. That’s six (6) months without being able to utilize your driving privileges. In addition to this, a judge can, but likely won’t, sentence you or your loved one to potential jail time. In addition a hefty fine can be levied against you or your loved one that is facing a hit & run offense.
Our Bergen County criminal defense law firm we can help you or your loved one facing this type of offense. At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, we have:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former county prosecutors who’ve tried high-profiled murders trials before a jury during their tenure as prosecutors
- Many held directorial positions during their tenures as former assistant county prosecutors
- One (1) was the head of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task force
- One (1) was the head of the Major Crimes Division
- One (1) was the head of the Trial team
- One (1) attorney tried thirty murder cases to verdict, and won every single on of them
- Three (3) former municipal prosecutors
- Combined, they prosecuted in over thirty (30) municipalities
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call if you or a loved one has been charged with a crime at 201-201-0086.