Handgun charge lawyer can assist you or a loved one facing this type of crime. Recently a juvenile was arrested for possessing a handgun without a permit. The teenager was arrested at the Garden State Plaza Mall located in Paramus, New Jersey. It is alleged that a shopper reported to the authorities that a person had a weapon. The police found the handgun located in the teenager’s fanny pack. The teenager was arrested and transferred to Teterboro, NJ to the Bergen County Juvenile Detention Center. The teenager hails from Lodi, New Jersey.
Handgun Charge Lawyer in Hackensack, NJ
A handgun charge is a very serious charge. It is covered by what is called as the Graves Act. The Graves Act requires at a minimum five years in a New Jersey state prison, with parole ineligibility. The parole ineligibility will be more than two years. This means that defendant is not eligible for parole for months while he/she serves their custodial sentence. There is, however, a Graves Act Waiver that a skilled defense attorney can file on your behalf. This asks the Prosecutor to waive the mandatory minimums that are imposed when a defendant is caught with a handgun without a permit.
Our Bergen County criminal defense law firm we can help you or your loved one facing a criminal charge. At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, we have:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former county prosecutors who’ve tried high-profiled murders trials before a jury during their tenure as prosecutors
- Many held directorial positions during their tenures as former assistant county prosecutors
- One (1) was the head of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task force
- One (1) was the head of the Major Crimes Division
- One (1) was the head of the Trial team
- One (1) attorney tried thirty murder cases to verdict, and won every single on of them
- Three (3) former municipal prosecutors
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call if you or a loved one has been charged with a crime at 201-201-0086.