We are Hackensack Robbery Lawyers, ready and willing to help you or your loved one fight this charge. Recently, a robbery took place in Ho-Ho-Kus right across the street from the police department. This allegedly took place around 2PM in the afternoon. Thereafter the robber supposedly fled from the scene. The FBI, Bergen County Sheriff as well as the Ho-Ho-Kus police are now involved in this matter.
Hackensack Robbery Lawyers
If you or your loved one is charged with robbery, then it is a good idea to try and consult with a Hackensack Robbery Lawyer. A robbery charge, codified under the statute as 2C:15-1, is a serious charge. Usually robbery is charged as a second degree charge. This means that a defendant facing this charge is looking up to ten (10) years in New Jersey state prison. In addition to this, a fine can be levied by the court for up to $150,000.00. Lastly, a second degree charge carries a presumption of incarceration. This means that if the defendant is found guilty, or pleads guilty, then it is presumed that the defendant will be sentenced to prison.
A robbery charge is upgraded to a first degree crime if in the course of committing the theft the defendant attempts to kill anyone, or purposely inflicts or attempts to inflict serious bodily injury, or is armed with, or uses or threatens the immediate use of a deadly weapon. A first degree charge, if convicted, carries up to twenty (20) years in a state prison, and also carries a presumption of incarceration.
Fort Lee Criminal Attorneys
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, our team of Bergen County Criminal Defense Lawyers can help you or your loved one with the charge above. Our law firm has:
- Over two-hundred (200) years of combined experience
- A team of eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys that devote their entire practice to criminal law
- Our firm has eight (8) former prosecutors
- Four (4) of our attorneys were former assistant county prosecutors and held directorial positions of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task Force, Major Crimes Division, Trial Division, Juvenile Division
- Three (3) of our attorneys were former municipal prosecutors in over twenty-five (25) towns
- Two (2) of our lawyers were recently selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2021 list for New Jersey which is a highly credentialed, peer-influenced, third-party validated, and a patented process that selects only 2.5% of the attorneys in New Jersey to this list
- One (1) of our attorneys is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney, a distinction held by less than 1% of attorneys in this State
- Selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and Top 40 Under 40
This charge is a serious charge, and you or your loved one need serious attorneys to handle these allegations. We have three (3) offices located throughout Bergen County. We have offices in Paramus, Hackensack, as well as Fort Lee. Call one of our offices for a free consultation at 201-429-9783, we’re available 24/7.