Our Hackensack robbery lawyer at the Law Offices of Jonathan F,. Marshall are willing and ready to help you or your loved one facing such a charge Recently, there have been a string of robberies throughout Bergen County. The robberies occurred in Elmwood Park, Rochelle Park, and Fort Lee. The robberies were allegedly performed with knives. At one point during the exchange, the alleged suspect asked the clerk if he wanted to die. One of the alleged robberies the suspects took $400 and at another one they allegedly took $1500.
Fort Lee Robbery Lawyers
Robbery is codified under NJ Law as N.J.S.A. 2C:15. In addition to robbery, a defendant can be charged with a possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose. A robbery charge, however, is typically charged as a second degree crime. It can, however, be charged as a first degree depending on the facts of the case. Both a second degree and a first degree robbery conviction carry a presumption of incarceration. What does that mean? It means if you are convicted or plead guilty to a robbery charge, then at sentencing it is presumed the judge will sentence you to prison. The difference between a first degree and a second degree is that a first degree carries a maximum of twenty (20) years in prison, whereas a second degree carries a maximum of ten (10) years in prison. Both degrees also carry a significant fine if convicted.
Bergen County Robbery Charge Law Firm
At the Law Offices o Jonathan F. Marshall, we have:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former county prosecutors who’ve tried high-profiled murders trials before a jury during their tenure as prosecutors
- Many held directorial positions during their tenures as former assistant county prosecutors
- One (1) was the head of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task force
- One (1) was the head of the Major Crimes Division
- One (1) was the head of the Trial team
- One (1) attorney tried thirty murder cases to verdict, and won every single on of them
- Three (3) former municipal prosecutors
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call if you or a loved one has been charged with a crime at 201-201-0086.