Two Passaic County men are being charged with gun and kidnapping charges. It is unclear at this point what exactly took place. Allegedly, the two men held an underage girl against her will at gunpoint. This all took place Sunday night in Franklin Lakes. The two men allegedly took the teenage girl to a McCoy Road home against her will. The teenaged girl was supposedly left with swollen and cut lips. The two men were arrested with the help of the Bergen County Sheriff’s Office as well as the Oakland Police. The two men were charged with Unlawful Possession of a Handgun without a Permit, Criminal Restraint, and Aggravated Assault.
Hackensack Gun and Kidnapping Charges Lawyer
A unlawful possession of a handgun without a permit, 2C:39-5B(1), is a serious charge. This is usually charged as a second degree indictable (felony). The Graves Act also comes into play with this charge. This means that if a defendant pleads guilty or is found guilty after trial, the defendant must serve a minimum of five years in prison and over two years of parole ineligibility. This means that the defendant will not be eligible for parole until they serve a certain amount of time in prison. Criminal restraint is also a serious charge. The defendants above is charged with third degree criminal restraint. If convicted, they can face a maximum of five years in a New Jersey state prison.
Bergen County Gun Law Firm
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, our office has the following credentials, knowledge, experience, and man-power to help you or your loved one:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former assistant county prosecutors
- One (1) of them during their tenure as a assistant county prosecutor was the head of the Drug, Gang, and Gun task Force
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call at 201-201-0086.