On September 16 a Fair Lawn man was recently arrested for filing false reports. He was charged with False Report to Law Enforcement (N.J.S.A. 2C:28-4A), Stalking (N.J.S.A. 2C:12-10B), and Harassment (N.J.S.A. 2C:33-4A). It is alleged that the Fair Lawn man was filing false reports to a specific home in Ramsey. He was allegedly able to do this from his home in Fair Lawn.
A joint effort by the Fair Lawn Police, Ramsey Police, and the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office Computer Crimes Task Force were able to trace the computer by utilizing his IP address back to the defendant’s home in Fair Lawn. There is apparently some connection between the defendant and the allege victim in this matter.
Between June and September of this year the defendant allegedly filed over six complaints to this house. The complaints that were made were in regards to domestic violence. However, when the Ramsey Police arrived at the residence it was determined that it was a ruse.
False Report to Law Enforcement in Bergen County
If you or a loved one is being charged with False Report to Law Enforcement (N.J.S.A. 2C:28-4A), then he or she is facing up to ten (10) years in New Jersey State Prison and up to a $100,000 fine. Stalking (N.J.S.A. 2C:12-10B) is a fourth degree crime, which carries up to eighteen (18) months in state prison as well as up to $10,000 in fines. A Harassment charge is a petty disorderly persons offense (what other jurisdictions call a petty misdemeanor) and carries up to thirty (30) days in the Bergen County Jail and a $500 fine.
Ramsey Criminal Defense Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been charged in Ramsey, Fair Lawn, Fort Lee, or any town in Bergen County, please feel free to contact our office. At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, we have ten (10) criminal defense attorneys, and our credentials include the following:
- Seven (7) were former prosecutors
- Three (3) of which were former assistant county prosecutors
- One was the head of the Major Crimes Division,
- Another was the head of the Trial Team, and
- The last one was the director of the Gun, Gang and Drug Task Force
- Three (3) were former municipal court prosecutors
- One Certified Criminal Trial Attorney
- Certification comes from the Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Less than 1 percent of attorneys in this state hold that distinction
- Selected to the National Trial Attorneys Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorney and Top 40 Under 40
- Multiple attorneys with superb Avvo ratings
- Selected to Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers Rising Stars list here in New Jersey for this year
- Only 2.5 percent of attorneys in this state are selected to this list