A Jersey City teacher was recently charged with endangering the welfare of a child charge. The teacher is a sixty-seven year old man that teaches in Jersey City. The defendant is from Hicksville, New York, and was arrested Tuesday afternoon at his home in New York. The alleged sexual assault supposedly took place on September 5, 2019. The Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office is also charging him with sexual assault.
Hackensack Endangering Welfare of a Child Attorney
An endangering the welfare of a child is codified under New Jersey law as 2C:24-4. This is a serious charge. The defendant is charged with a second degree endangering the welfare of a child charge. This charge carries with it up to ten (10) years in a New Jersey state prison. In addition to this, it also carries up to $150,000.00 fine, and a presumption of incarceration. Lastly, it is possible if convicted of this that the defendant will be placed on parole supervision for life, as well as Meghan’s Law.
Hackensack Criminal Defense Attorneys
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, we have the following credentials and experience:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former county prosecutors who’ve tried high-profiled murders trials before a jury during their tenure as prosecutors
- Many held directorial positions during their tenures as former assistant county prosecutors
- One (1) was the head of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task force
- One (1) was the head of the Major Crimes Division
- One (1) was the head of the Trial team
- One (1) attorney tried thirty murder cases to verdict, and won every single on of them
- Three (3) former municipal prosecutors
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call if you or a loved one has been charged with a crime at 201-201-0086.