A teacher pled guilty to a criminal sexual contact charge. In addition to pleading to the criminal sexual contact, her teaching license was permanently revoked. The offense occurred back on October 10, 2019 at around 8PM. Thereafter, the teacher was arrested on January 10, 2020. The student was under the age of eighteen. She was also charged with endangering the welfare of a child.
Hackensack Criminal Sexual Contact Lawyer
Criminal Sexual Contact, codified as NJSA 2C:14(b), is a crime of the fourth degree. This means that if a defendant pleads guilty to a criminal sexual contact charge, he/she can face up to eighteen months in a New Jersey state prison, as well as up to a $10,000 fine. An endangering the welfare of a child, like the one the defendant above was facing, is a second degree crime. This is a very serious charge. This charge carries up to ten (10) years in prison, as well as a fine of up to $150,000.00. A second degree crime also carries a presumption of incarceration. This means that if a defendant pleads guilty to a second degree endangering the welfare of child charge, it is presumed that the judge will sentence him or her to prison time.
Fort Lee Criminal Defense Attorney
Our firm, the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, has the experience and knowledge to defend your or your loved one against this charge since we have:
- Over two-hundred (200) years of combined experience
- A team of eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys that devote their entire practice to criminal law
- Our firm has eight (8) former prosecutors
- Four (4) of our attorneys were former county prosecutors and held directorial positions of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task Force, Major Crimes Division, Trial Division, Juvenile Division
- One (1) of our attorneys is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney, a distinction held by less than 1% of attorneys in this State
- One (1) of our lawyers was recently selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2020 list for New Jersey which is a highly credentialed, peer-influenced, third-party validated, and a patented process that only 2.5% of the attorneys in New Jersey are selected to this list
- Selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and Top 40 Under 40
To ensure that your rights will be protected to the fullest extent allowed by law, it is important that you engage an experienced New Jersey criminal defense attorney as soon as possible after being arrested for a sex crime. Set up a free initial legal consultation with the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall at any of our three (3) of our locations in Bergen County (Paramus, Hackensack, and Fort Lee) today to get started on a strong legal defense. Feel free to call us at 201-429-9783, we’re available 24/7.