Criminal sexual contact charges were brought against a Lyndhurst man. It is alleged that late last week the defendant drove by a young woman jogging and slapped her in the buttocks. Thereafter, he drove away. The next day he supposedly tried to make small talk and then grabbed the woman by the buttocks/groin area. Thereafter he again fled the scene. The suspect faces two separate charges of criminal sexual contact at the Bergen County Superior Court.
Hackensack Criminal Sexual Contact Charges Lawyer
A criminal sexual contact charge is a serious charge. It is a fourth degree felony. Criminal sexual contact could also be upgraded or charged with aggravated criminal sexual contact. Criminal sexual contact is codified under New Jersey law as 2C: 14-3b. Criminal sexual contact, if convicted, can be punished by up to eighteen (18) months in a New Jersey state prison. In addition to this, a fine of up to $10,000.00 can be levied at sentencing. Lastly, depending on the circumstances of the case, the defendant may have to register under Megan’s Law as well as be placed on parole supervision for life.
Leonia Aggravated Criminal Sexual Contact Attorney
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, we have:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former county prosecutors who’ve tried high-profiled murders trials before a jury during their tenure as prosecutors
- Many held directorial positions during their tenures as former assistant county prosecutors
- One (1) was the head of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task force
- One (1) was the head of the Major Crimes Division
- One (1) was the head of the Trial team
- One (1) attorney tried thirty murder cases to verdict, and won every single on of them
- Three (3) former municipal prosecutors
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call if you or a loved one has been charged with a crime at 201-201-0086.