A Leonia woman was attacked by a man as she was walking. The attack occurred last week as she was walking through Fort Lee. Randy Gallman, 36, who hails from Jersey City, New Jersey, was arrested and charged. Gallman is facing attempted sexual assault and criminal sexual contact. It is alleged that Gallman tried to touch the alleged victim’s intimate parts. She then began screaming and thereafter, he ran away. After a short period of time, he allegedly again attacked her by trying to bring her down an alley.
Sexual Assault Lawyers in Hackensack, NJ
Sexual assault, also known as rape, is a serious crime. Sexual assault, or commonly known as rape, is a second degree crime (indictable). This means there is a presumption of incarceration if convicted. In addition to this, if a defendant is convicted after trial or pleads guilty to the charge, they can face up to ten years in a New Jersey state prison, and parole ineligibility. Parole ineligibility means that the defendant will not be released on parole for a certain period of time until they complete a certain amount of their sentence.
Criminal sexual contact is also a serious charge. It is a fourth degree crime (indictable) here in New Jersey. This crime, however, has a presumption of non-incarceration since it is a fourth degree. Although, if a defendant is convicted after or trial or pleads guilty to the crime, then he or she can face up to eighteen months in a New Jersey state prison.
Rape Defense Attorneys in Fort Lee, NJ
If you or a loved one has been charged with sexual assault, then you or your loved one is going to need a strong defense. Do your research before hiring just any criminal defense firm. Some topics that should be discussed are; how many cases such as these have they handled? How many jury trials have they tried? These are all very important questions before hiring a criminal defense attorney in Bergen County. At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, we have the experience, knowledge, credentials and man-power to fight you or a your loved one’s criminal case. Specifically, our criminal defense law firm has:
- Over two-hundred (200) years of combined experience
- A team of eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys that devote their entire practice to criminal law
- Our firm has eight (8) former prosecutors
- four (4) of our attorneys were former assistant county prosecutors and held directorial positions of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task Force, Major Crimes Division, Trial Division, and Juvenile Division
- We have multiple attorneys selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) of our lawyers were recently selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2021 list for New Jersey which is a highly credentialed, peer-influenced, third-party validated, and a patented process that selects only 2.5% of the attorneys in New Jersey to this list
- One (1) of our attorneys is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney, a distinction held by less than 1% of attorneys in this State
Please give our office a call today at 201-201-0086.