An attempted murder charge lawyer is an attorney that can help you or your loved one facing this type of specific charge. The attempted murder charge lawyers at our law firm have the experience, and credentials to defend a person facing this very serious charge. Recently a Clifton man was arrested for an attempted murder charge. Allegedly the defendant tried to attack a bicyclist with a machete. The defendant supposedly drove past the bicyclist and told him “I’m going to show you how to” and thereafter swung the machete at the bicyclist’s head and neck. The bicyclist defended himself against a couple of the slashes, and supposedly nearly lost his middle finger.
Attempted Murder Charge Lawyer in Hackensack, NJ
An attempted murder charge is a very serious crime. An attempted murder charge is classified as a first degree crime. This means the defendant above faces a maximum of twenty (20) years in a New Jersey state prison. The minimum he faces for this charge is ten (10) years in prison. He can also be fined up to $200,000.00. In addition to this charge, he faces a second degree aggravated assault charge. This felony carries up to ten (10) years in state prison, and a minimum of five (5) years. This carries a fine of up to $150,000.00. Both charges carry a presumption of incarceration. This means that if the defendant pleads guilty or is found guilty after a trial, then it is presumed at sentencing that the judge will sentence the defendant to prison time.
Leonia Aggravated Assault Charge Lawyers
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, we have:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former county prosecutors who’ve tried high-profiled murders trials before a jury during their tenure as prosecutors
- Many held directorial positions during their tenures as former assistant county prosecutors
- One (1) was the head of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task force
- One (1) was the head of the Major Crimes Division
- One (1) was the head of the Trial team
- One (1) attorney tried thirty murder cases to verdict, and won every single on of them
- Three (3) former municipal prosecutors
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call if you or a loved one has been charged with a crime at 201-201-0086.