Aggravated manslaughter charge was brought against a man back in May, 2020. The defendant faces an aggravated manslaughter charge after he allegedly stabbed his neighbor. The neighbor died thereafter. Supposedly the neighbor and the defendant had a series of confrontations prior to the fatal stabbing. The defendant was arrested and thereafter released pending his next court date. The defendant also faces more charges in Florida after he allegedly brandished a weapon to a fellow motorist in what seems to be a road rage incident. In New Jersey, the defendant also faces Aggravated Assault, Possession of a Weapon for Unlawful Purpose, and Unlawful Possession of a Weapon (knife).
Fort Lee Aggravated Manslaughter Charges Lawyer
Aggravated Manslaughter is a serious charge. The defendant above faces a first degree aggravated manslaughter charge. This charge can carry up to thirty (30) years in a New Jersey State Prison. In addition to this, an aggravated manslaughter charge is also governed by the No Early Release Act (NERA). This means the defendant must serve at least eighty-five (85%) percent of their sentence before they are eligible for parole. Lastly, a defendant, if convicted, can face up to a $200,000.00 fine and other court costs and fees.
Fort Lee Criminal Defense Attorney
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, our office has the following credentials, knowledge, experience, and man-power to help you or your loved one:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former assistant county prosecutors
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call at 201-201-0086.