An aggravated assault lawyer is here an willing to help you or your loved one that is facing this charge. Recently in Wayne, New Jersey, a man was charged with aggravated assault. Allegedly, the man went into a Burger King located off of Route 23 South wherein he went inside and began to strangle one of the employees. Another employee supposedly intervened to stop the assault. A short while later the defendant was arrested. Apparently this was captured on surveillance video inside the Burger King. It is alleged that the defendant was under the influence of alcohol.
Hackensack Aggravated Assault Lawyer
An aggravated assault, codified under NJSA as 2C:12-1, is a serious charge. It can be charged as a second, third or fourth degree depending on the circumstances and facts of the case.
- Second degree charge carries:
- Up to ten years in prison
- $150,000 fine
- Presumption of incarceration
- Third degree charge carries:
- Up to five years in prison
- $15,000 fine
- Fourth degree charge carries:
- Up to 18 months in state prison
- $10,000 fine
Am aggravated assault lawyer can help you or your loved one facing this charge.
Leonia Aggravated Assault Attorney
At the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, we have:
- Eleven (11) criminal defense attorneys on staff
- Combined together, over 200 years of experience
- Eight (8) former prosecutors on staff
- Four (4) were former county prosecutors who’ve tried high-profiled murders trials before a jury during their tenure as prosecutors
- Many held directorial positions during their tenures as former assistant county prosecutors
- One (1) was the head of the Drug, Gang, and Gun Task force
- One (1) was the head of the Major Crimes Division
- One (1) was the head of the Trial team
- One (1) attorney tried thirty murder cases to verdict, and won every single on of them
- Three (3) former municipal prosecutors
- Multiple attorneys selected to either the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40
- Two (2) attorneys selected to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for criminal defense
- Only 2.5% of attorneys in New Jersey are selected to said list
- One (1) attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Less than 1% of attorneys hold this distinction in New Jersey
Please give our office a call if you or a loved one has been charged with a crime at 201-201-0086.